Thursday, July 5, 2012

Crown Royal Cake


Who doesn't like whiskey??? My friend Ashlee used to drink Southern Comfort, and when we turned her onto Crown, she was a changed woman ;)

Ashlee turned 25 in April, and this is the cake I made her:


I have to say I was pretty proud of myself as I don't usually 'decorate'- I just make delicious cakes :) The only mishap was the writing on the board got all janky when the buttercream dried, but we lived! 

For this cake I used homemade marshmallow fondant, for which I did a post on HERE.
I just used my favorite chocolate cake recipe in a 1/2 sheet pan, leveled and filled it with buttercream, crumb coated it, then covered it in fondant. I brushed it with skin colored Wilton gel coloring then sprayed with Duff's Gold food coloring spray. I used a fan brush to get the color I wanted, then decorate the rest with buttercream. It was easy peasy! <3 #TheCrownLife

Love,

Kailee

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...