Saturday, February 25, 2012

Chocolate Raspberry Cabernet & Chambord Ganache Cupcakes


WOW.

I've hit the motherload.

Wine. Chocolate. Cupcakes. Raspberries. Is there any better combination? I think not.


I was once again called upon by Mark to make cupcakes for the wine tasting he was holding after his work meeting today. I couldn't think of a better time to try out a cabernet cupcake recipe.


If you aren't aware of what Chambord is, it's a raspberry flavored liquer. It is also the most expensive of the raspberry liquers. I didn't have around $40 to spend on Chambord, so I got this bad boy for $11. Not a bad deal considering I can make many raspberry kamikazis with the excess. ;) You should also be able to buy little tiny bottles of Chambord, but the liquor store I went to stopped selling them, so I would see if yours does first unless you want the whole fifth.


Macerating the berries is an important part. You want the berries to soak up all the wine so all of those wonderful flavors are combined.

 

This is after about two hours of maceration. I used frozen raspberries so I skipped putting them in the refrigerator. Berries are expensive this time of the year!


Ganache in progress. This was the easiest frosting of all time! So rich and delicious, too! 


What's that old saying? 

Oh yea, 'Don't hate. Congratulate.'




As always, I hope you enjoy making these as much as I did! Like me on Facebook and let me know how they came out, or what else you would like to see me make! 

Macerated Berry Mixture

1 1/2 cups raspberries (fresh or frozen)
1/4 cup of cabernet
1 tablespoon of sugar (if using fresh berries)

Chocolate Raspberry Cabernet Cupcakes

1 cup all purpose flour
1 cup plus two tablespoons sugar
1/3 cup plus two tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, melted and warm
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1/2 cup of berry mixture 

Chambord Ganache

16 oz good quality semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 1/2 cups heavy cream
4 tablespoons Chambord

Instructions:

Macerated Berry Mixture

- Place all ingredients in a bowl and gently stir to combine. 
- Cover and refrigerate at least 2 hours or overnight. 
- Remove mixture from refrigerator and place in a blender or food processor and process for 1-2 minutes to puree.

Cupcakes (preheat oven to 350)

 Add flour, cocoa powder, sugar, baking soda, and salt in a blow and mix thoroughly to combine. Add the butter, eggs, and vanilla and beat on medium speed for one minute. Add the butter and egg mixture and beat for 20 seconds. Scrape the sides of the bowl and add the blackberry mixture. Beat for 20-30 seconds until the batter is smooth. Divide it evenly among the lined cups. Bake 18-22 minutes just until a toothpick inserted into a few of the cupcakes comes out clean. Set the pan on a rack to cool. Frost the cupcakes when they are completely cool. Makes 12 cupcakes or 24 mini cupcakes.

Chambord Ganache

-Place chocolate in a large heat safe bowl and set aside.
-In a medium saucepan, heat cream over medium heat until it just begins to boil.
-Immediately pour hot cream over chocolate and let it sit for about 4-5 minutes.
-Whisk together until incorporated and let sit so the ganache can set up (about an hour)


Love, 

Kailee





2 comments:

  1. Those look absolutely delicious!

    I love Chambord! In my inexperienced youth we used to mix it with champagne and called it Fuzzy Bubbles. :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...