Friday, October 14, 2011

Pizza Puffs!

Pin It


Happy Fall! I have not so patiently been waiting for the weather to turn, and now that it has, I can finally turn on the oven without having a heat stroke! I'm excited because I've baked a few things this past week and I will be sharing them with you in the upcoming days, but tonight I have a little savory treat for you-Pizza Puffs!
When I make pizza, I usually make my own dough, but Safeway just started selling fresh pizza dough and it's been on sale for .99, so why not? We've tried out a couple different kinds, and the dough is really good and tastes homemade! Mark brought home a garlic herb one the other day, and I knew I should use it since it probably wouldn't stay good much longer, but I only had a tiny bit of mozzarella and a tiny bit of parmesan, so I've been contemplating all day what I could do with it.

With ingredients I already had on hand, here's what I made!


I used a pastry cutter to cut pieces of dough, then stretched them out and set them in muffin tins. Next, I added a spoonful of canned crushed tomatoes (mixed with italian seasoning) and then put in fresh mushroom pieces, diced salami, mozzarella/parmesan mixture, chopped fresh basil and sundried tomato. Then, I folded over the excess dough on top and baked them in a 375 degree oven for 10 minutes. I was easily able to just pull them out of the tins and put them on the cooling rack, no corn meal or spray needed when you back them!



For a beta version, these turned out delicious!!! I made 10, but 12 could easily be made with the amount of dough because I was a little more generous with the dough when I began. I would also suggest tacking on a couple more minutes if you don't like a chewy pizza crust, which I do! :) I ate mine with a little extra sauce on the side for dipping.

If you try this out, let me know what you put in yours, I love feedback!

Love,

Kailee

2 comments:

  1. This looks so yummy! Interesting recipe using pizza dough, love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks delicious, I'll have to try this!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...