Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Cupboard Cookies

Pin It


So it's the end of the month, the cupboards are nearly bare. You're looking for something sweet to eat and you think to yourself 'I have all this random crap, but nothing good to eat!!!'



Put it in a cookie.


That's right. All that random stuff in your cupboard that's been hanging out since the holidays or from your last fancy recipe idea, throw it in! You know what? I didn't even have enough butter for this recipe, so I threw in some peanut butter! Psh. Handled it.



I had dried cranberries and pistachios. I knew I had some golden raisins, but of course I couldn't find them until after I made the cookies. What I really wish I had were some chocolate chips. ;)



Kids love them.


Voila! Or as my daughter would say 'LAAAAA!!!' These cookies are awesome for a quick treat. I like to make a batch and freeze them so I have something yummy to grab when I want something sweet, plus I don't feel too guilty since they have oats, nuts and fruit.


Don't be fooled by this angelic face! Not long after this picture was taken, she was caught rubbing an entire can of formula all over our recliner. It's okay, though, she was cheering me on as I cleaned up her mess. 'Good job, mommy!!!'



Cupboard Cookies

3/4 cup butter, softened
1 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon (optional)
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg (optional)
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
2 cups rolled oats
1 cup each of any random ingredients you have (dried fruit, nuts, chocolate, etc.)

Preheat oven to 375

In a large mixing bowl, beat butter with an electric mixer on medium to high speed for 30 seconds. Add brown sugar, granulated sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and, if desired, cinnamon and nutmeg. Beat until combined, scraping sides of bowl when needed. Beat in eggs and vanilla until combined. beat in flour, then stir in rolled oats and random ingredients.

Drop dough by rounded spoonfuls two inches apart onto an ungreased cookie sheet, flatten slightly with the palm of your hand. Bake in a 375 degree oven for 8-10 minutes, or until edges are golden. Transfer to a wire rack and let cool

Makes approximately 27 cookies


Enjoy!!!

Love,

Kailee

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...