Thursday, February 2, 2012

Black Bean Blender Brownies!!! (GF)

Pin It

Say THAT five times fast! haha

Last night I was cooking up a pot of black beans, and as I was stirring them I was thinking of something sweet I could make with the little ingredients I had on hand. I have always wanted to try and make black bean brownies, so it just made sense! I am very proud of this recipe as it is 100% my own. *pats self on back* ;)
I made these using my Vitamix blender. If your blender isn't very powerful, you can use a food processor to puree the beans and then use a kitchenaid to mix the rest of your ingredients, making sure to mix until it becomes a mousse like texture.



I was a little nervous while mixing up the batter, since I've never tried anything like this before. I was really excited to see how fluffy it was, though. It looked like chocolate mousse! I wish I would have taken a picture from the blender, but I was a little too excited and didn't think too until I popped them in the oven.


Here's a shot after they are finished baking. Gorgeous! I couldn't wait to cut into them. They cut beautifully, even when they were piping hot!



Finished product!!! These brownies are awesome!!! So moist and delicious, you'd never know they're gluten free, let alone made with black beans!!! The only thing I would change about these is I think they definitely need an icing. Of course, I am one of those people who always wants the rose off a cake, but I really do think icing would seal the deal for these. I would have made some but I was so pumped to eat them I didn't even think about it until after the fact, lol!

Black Bean Blender Brownies

1 cup black beans, rinsed and drained
2 eggs and 1 egg white
1 teaspoon instant coffee granules
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
5 ounces unsweetened Baker's chocolate
1/2 cup vegetable oil

Preheat oven to 350 degrees

In small sauce pan, on LOW, melt chocolate with vegetable oil, set aside to cool. In blender, blend black beans, eggs, and egg white on HIGH until well blended. Add everything else. blend on HIGH until well blended. Pour into and 8x8 dish that has been greased and lined with parchment paper. Bake for 20 minutes. *Vitamix users: turn blender on, then increase variable to ten and switch to HIGH for both pureeing the beans and mixing in the other ingredients.

Please comment and let me know what you think! Don't forget to follow me on Twitter @PreciousCargo15 and on Pinterest www.pinterest.com/preciouscargo.

As always, ENJOY!!!!

Love,

Kailee

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...