Monday, February 20, 2012

Italian Sausage & Mushroom Lasagna!

Pin It

Hey All!!!

I hope everyone had a good weekend, I know I did! Mark's brother came over to meet his nephew for the first time, and we had some friends over for a visit as well. It's always nice to be able to spend some time with good friends and family after a hectic week.

One of my favorite meals to make for my family is lasagna, and since I've been craving it for awhile I decided to make a big pan. It's great for leftovers! The only complaint I ever get about my lasagna is that I don't use ricotta cheese. Sorry, but it is not my cup of tea! I'm all about the extra mozzarella! :D



First, I brown italian sausage (3lbs) in a skillet and drain.


Grate 1lb of mozzarella cheese, I used my food processor (it's so fast!)


Rough chop 2lbs of your favorite mushrooms and saute in leftover sausage grease.


For my lasagna I buy two of the large cans (about 26oz) of crushed tomatoes. Spread a little in the bottom of a 9x13 pan with a little bit of olive oil.


Lay down first layer of noodles, uncooked. Anyone who tells you that you need to cook lasagna noodles before baking is from Crazy Town. ;)


Continue to add layers of all your ingredients in whatever order you choose. I also chopped fresh basil for the layers and sprinkled some on top as well. Just remember to always use some of the crushed tomatoes on each layer or else the noodles won't cook. Cover with foil and bake for an hour at 375. At about ten minutes till the hour, take off the foil so the cheese will brown. 


Perfect!




Enjoy the deliciousness in all it's glory!



Love, 

Kailee

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...