Sunday, January 29, 2012

PB&J Cupcakes!!!

Pin It


I have been itching to make PB&J cupcakes FOREVER. Finally the other night I just got up and did it. Boy, am I glad I did! These were impossibly delicious!!! I sent them with Mark to his meeting the next morning, and according to him, they were a big hit!



Now of course, since it was a new recipe, it did not exactly go off without a hitch. My first problem was the fact that one of my cupcake pans has handles and when vertically put into the oven next to the other pan, the door would not shut all the way. This contributed to some wonky cupcakes that had to be discarded.


Secondly, I wish I had put more jam in the center. The picture looks like there's plenty, but I was really left wanting more. And third, I think if I make these again I will omit the milk. There is so much fat and liquid in the recipe, that I wished they were fluffier, as they were a little dense and SUPER moist.


With all that being said, these were pretty incredible!!! If you try this out, please let me know how they turn out for you!

PB&J Cupcakes (adapted from Peanutty Peanut Butter Cake recipe on Jif.com)

1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
1 cup water
1/2 cup creamy peanut butter (I used Adams Creamy)
1/2 cup vegetable oil
2 cups all purpose flour
2 large eggs
2 cups sugar
1/2 cup milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon baking soda

FILLING
1/4 cup jam (any flavor, I used strawberry)

FROSTING
1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
1/3 cup milk
1/2 cup peanut butter (I used Adams chunky)
3 1/2 cups powdered sugar

1/4 cup chopped nuts (optional) I used pecans


CUPCAKES
HEAT oven to 350ºF. Line two 12 tin muffin pans with liners.
COMBINE butter, water, peanut butter and oil in large saucepan; bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Remove from heat; cool. Add remaining cake ingredients. Mix until well blended; pour onto prepared tins. Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until toothpick inserted near center comes out clean. Cool.

FILL
To fill cupcakes, use a small spoon (I used a baby spoon) or whatever works best for you, and dig out a small crater in the center of the cooled cupcake. Make sure not to go too deep, as the jam will seep out. Fill crater with jam so that it's flush with the top of the cupcake.

FROSTING
Blend all ingredients together, adding or using less to desired consistency. Drizzle top of cupcakes and sprinkle with chopped nuts

Enjoy!!! If you like this post, don't forget to +1, Pin, Stumble, etc! ;)

Love,

Kailee

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...