Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Currant Scones!!!

Pin It

Hey everyone! Tonight I decided to try my hand at scones. I recently asked a friend of mine what kinds of things she looks for when she goes to a coffee shop.
 She told me it's really hard to find good scones. I had never made scones before. I don't know why, maybe because my only experience with scones were the rock hard little crumblies that were served at the hotel I worked at. So I went to my go to website http://www.allrecipes.com/ and looked for a great scone recipe. When I go to this site, I like to browse and really read the reviews. A lot of times I take tips from readers and kind of mold my own recipe out of what the original recipe was. You can find the recipe for these scones here.


Grated frozen butter, not cheese! ;)







These scones turned out AMAZING! I only wish I had some raw sugar to sprinkle on top before baking. I used currants in mine, but the possibilities are really endless. I can't wait to make some chocolate chip ones.

Sweet dreams everyone!!!

Love, Kailee

3 comments:

  1. These are lookin' scrumptions! And so does the kiddo! Blog away! I'll read them! Blessings, @lggp

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome Kailee...Mark was braggin' on you at work tonight :) Love this pic of Ruby and wishing you much success in your venture!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These look SO good- I wish I had them here right now! great work :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...